Panasonic DMR-EZ28EB EXT link problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ade8161pan, Feb 10, 2009.

1. ade8161pan

ade8161pan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, I have just bought the above recorder but cant seem to be able to get the link to work with my sky+ box. The AV2 is connected as per instruction book and set to RGB/VIDEO. The ext link is on link 1 but just keeps recording. On link 2 nothing happens at all. Any help would be great. Cheers ade

2. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,093
    Link 1 works by detecting the presence of video on the incoming scart from the skybox... and will record whenever it is present... and If you leave sky switched on - then it is present.

Therefore - with a normal skybox, you programme the skybox and switch the box off, and when it switches on at the programmed time, the DVDR records.

However - You do not have a conventional skybox. You have sky+... and being a recorder in its own right, it does not output when it is timer recording so it cannot be used this way.

Therefore you have to record the programmes first on sky+ and then transfer them later to the DVDR.

3. ade8161pan

ade8161pan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Gavtech, Many thanks for that will do i that way. Cheers ade