PANASONIC DMR-EZ27EB-K - cannot skip chapters!

M

minniemouseuk

Hello,

I've purchased the above product, and I'm wondering if there's a fault with it, as I can't skip chapters.

I've used DVD RWs to record Freeview, and I've played bought DVDs on it, too.

When I press the 'Skip' button, nothing happens. The 'Manual Skip' button works, but this only skips forward about 30 seconds, which is a nuisance if you want skip, say, 20 minutes ahead.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

square-eyes

Hello,

I've purchased the above product, and I'm wondering if there's a fault with it, as I can't skip chapters.

I've used DVD RWs to record Freeview, and I've played bought DVDs on it, too.

When I press the 'Skip' button, nothing happens. The 'Manual Skip' button works, but this only skips forward about 30 seconds, which is a nuisance if you want skip, say, 20 minutes ahead.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
This is a common misconception about chapters on DVDs made on Panasonic recorders. Chapter marks can only be set on DVD-RAM disks. If you look in the manual p.39 onwards about chapter marks, there is a RAM icon on the page showing that the following instructions relate to RAM disks.
I find it as irritating as well. There is not a fault with your machine.

Gavtech

Administrator
Other discs types are auto-chaptered during the finalisation stage.

Every 5 minutes for - disc types, and every 8 minutes for + discs types.

The normal skip buttons will work for such chapters.

Commercial DVD's often have certain chapter leaping disabled to force you to watch the introductions and adverts.

Another navigation device is Timeslip [ Bottom right button]
You can use this to move any number of minutes forward or back in a disc.

Push the button then input a time using the North[ fwd] or South [back] of the nav wheel, to input a time.
One button push increments the time by one minute, Press and hold to increment by 10 minute amounts.... then push OK.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom