Panasonic DMR - EZ25

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by buttytv, Dec 19, 2006.

1. buttytv

buttytv
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Originally bought Lite-on DVD recorder from Tesco's at £67.99. It worked a bit! picture kept breaking up and when you watched DVD on another machine and went fast forward no sound! Took it back monday and got money back. Did some reviewing in What Home Cinema and found the Panasonic DMR-EZ25 has won the best DVD recorder 2007! Went to comet, Currys and Argos all same price £229.99 (I know I could have got it cheaper on line!) Got one from Currys set it up and hey! what a brill machine, the ease of use and picture quality are superb. Been transfering video's onto DVDs with also great results. Anyone thinking of buying should get one as they are a excellent machine. If you look around you can get them for well under £200. It is worth paying the extra for the quality.

Butty
    York

2. Senrap

Senrap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi Butty, I've had mine a few months and I am very pleased with it:thumbsup: .

I just hope it doesn't develop the same problems I and a number of others have had with the DMRE 55 and 85 models.

3. Pardsme

Pardsme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :clap: Got mine on Monday, haven't had a chance to check out the machine properly. But so far am impressed and also it easy to used. Fingers x it doesn't develop any faults. :smashin:

4. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,152
    I completely agree.

A number of us in this forum keep trying to push that point but it doesnt always seem to get across.

Have fun and enjoy your machine.

5. ians4000

ians4000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of buying one of these but want on with an auto resume function (ie you put a pre recorded disk in, watch part of it turn the machine off come back & it restarts in the same place) because our kids often don't finish watching the whole thing. Do you know if this model has this function?
    Thanks, Ian

6. Pardsme

Pardsme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What recordable discs do people recommend buying? IE. RW+ or -? I know either are rewritable and what it does, but I wondered what to go for. As bought both formats for my previous Sony recorder and wondered whether if it makes any difference buying both formats or just stick to one particular media?

Thanks

7. Pardsme

Pardsme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    *bump*

anybody?

8. rcmacc

rcmacc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've used both but would recommend ram's - far more flexible, because they are random access you can delete a recorded programme and the disk space is available. With -rw/+rw your restricted to pretty much reformatting them.

Another good thing i've found with the ram disks is you can watch something previously recorded whilst recording something else to the same disk :)

Rob

9. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    As its a Panasonic machine then DVD-RAM and DVD-R discs.