Question Panasonic DMR-EX98V - No Video from VHS - Any Ideas please?

arglet

Standard Member
DMR-EX98V - No Video from VHS - Any Ideas please?

Hello All.
I haven't been on the site recently since Gavtech kindly helped me to fix my Panasonic DMR-EX95V, for which I am extremely grateful (it is still going strong).

I also own a Panasonic DMR-EX98V which has developed a fault. I rarely use the inbuilt VHS tape recorder/player, but watched an old (pre recorded tape) 2 days ago. Everything worked fine and I rewound the tape. I tried to play another tape, the audio was fine but the screen was just grey snow. I reloaded the tape that I had played earlier and still no video, just audio. I have tried several other tapes all with the same result.

I am connected to my Panasonic TV via HDMI so I tried using the Scart input/outputs but with the same result, sound and grey snow.

The tape counter appears to be working on screen when the player is in stop mode (I think this is driven by the video heads?).

I have tried cleaning the heads with a wet/dry system but this has not made any difference.

The machine is a few years old now but was an expensive beast at the time, £450 if I remember correctly so I hope it can be repaired. Everything else works fine, tuner, HDD and DVD all perfect.

The VHS drive has rarely been used apart from dubbing a few tapes to DVD some time ago.

I would be very grateful for any ideas on the above. Thank you,

arglet

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom