Panasonic DMR-EX97 Parental Guidance on Recorded BBC Programs

bb54

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have removed the child lock on all channels on the recorder. However when I record BBC programs after 9 PM the "G" symbol has been added on the VIDEO MENU list. Is there any way to remove the need to enter the PIN to start the playback.

It should be possible.

First reset the micro by disconnecting from the mains for 5 minutes.

Then try the procedure to remove all channels from restriction by using the yellow button... as laid out in page 60 and 61 of the manual.

Eventually found the solution, on the recorder navigate to the playback menu and disable the parental guidance.

Eventually found the solution, on the recorder navigate to the playback menu and disable the parental guidance.

Thanks... I aquired one of these only last week and am still playing around with it. As it happens I got asked for the PIN yesterday while playing something back (Name of The Rose... BBC2).

I'll try that.

Apparently BBC and maybe other channels add the G to programs recorded after 9 PM.
Start at Page 60 on manual and work through the menus to find Settings for Recording on Page 62.
Hope that helps

Thanks. I eventually found the child lock setting for playback under "HDD / Disc / USB HDD" in the 'Basic Settings' menu. Curiosly there is a 'Playback Menu' in the manuals index but that didn't lead to the required place.

There also seems to be a second child lock setting to tag channels that are tuned in and recorded. I wondered whether that option (which was the only one I found at first) would stop programs recorded also asking for the PIN when played back.

That first option covers it all though. Thanks again -:)

Happy to share, the manual is not user friendly , it took me ages to find a way through.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom