• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic DMR-EX83EB. How to delete channels please?

Penny Farthing

Standard Member
Hi
I would like to delete the 'adult'/shopping channels from this device. I have worked out how to do it on the TV but I can only find how to add chanels to a Favourites list on this DVD recorder. I'd much rather just get rid of them altogether as I don't want them and they really clutter up the Guide pages.

I've done a search and this has come up before but wasn't resolved.
Can someone please help?
Thanks
PF

Gavtech

Administrator
Hi
I would like to delete the 'adult'/shopping channels from this device. I have worked out how to do it on the TV but I can only find how to add chanels to a Favourites list on this DVD recorder. I'd much rather just get rid of them altogether as I don't want them and they really clutter up the Guide pages.

I've done a search and this has come up before but wasn't resolved.
Can someone please help?
Thanks
PF
Welcome to the forum.

There is not really a way to do this via Manaual tuning as all that does is allow you to select any given RF channel.
Any muxes and all channels on that mux will be added automatically.

So the thing to do is to set up a Favourites list ... and you say you can already do that.

The next thing to achieve is to get your list defaulted so that every time you use the guide, it is your list of channels that appears only.

I can never remember this accurately, but the favourites list that gets defaulted is all to do with how you exit the EPG.

If you first get your favourites list of channels setup, then, go to the EPG, choose the favourites list that you have just created, and then pick any CURRENT programme, on any channel, from the EPG.
This will take you to that programme, exiting the EPG... and thereafter your limited list of channels will be the default whenever you go into the EPG.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom