• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic DMR-EX78: Transferring from dard disk to DVD.

Dr.Rock

Hi,

I have the DMR-EX78 Panasonic DVD recorder, and would like to know which is the lossless way of copying a recorded program from its internal hard disk onto DVD, or best quality possible with minimal losses.

I have a program recorded in XP mode onto the hard disk. In the DMR-EX78's Functions menu, there is a "Copy" function which will copy it onto DVD in non-adjustable High Speed mode, and I don't know if there is any quality drop in choosing this function. Or there's the "Advanced Copy" function with adjustable Copy Mode for selecting the quality of the transfer (High Speed, XP, SP, LP, EP, FR). Which is the best mode to choose? Does High Speed mode reduce the quality of the final recording onto DVD or will it make an accurate copy, or will I get a better result using XP?

Thanks.

Gavtech

Administrator
The only lossless form of copying is high speed copying.

That is because it simply makes a digital clone of the original.
No processing is performed on the material.

All real time copying involves a loss as the material goes through the encoder once more and is re-compressed.

formbypc

.. And of course, if your programme is longer than one hour, it won't fit on a single DVD-R, and you'll have to choose FR, unfortunately.

Mark uk

As said before, FR is really your best option.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom