Panasonic Dmr-ex78 help

hi guys brought the above machine and burned 2 -rw discs but when i try to play them back in other stand alone machines they will not play either comes up bad disc or no disc

the -rw discs were 1 maxell 2.4x and 1 pleomax(samsung) 4x

Gavtech

Administrator
hi guys brought the above machine and burned 2 -rw discs but when i try to play them back in other stand alone machines they will not play either comes up bad disc or no disc

the -rw discs were 1 maxell 2.4x and 1 pleomax(samsung) 4x

Normally, this failure to play in other machines is down to lack of finalisation.

But in this case, with those messages returned , the discs are not even getting through the initialisation stage, so the machines cannot even know whether the discs are finalised or not.

The messages are accurate - Bad discs.

Neither of these discs types would be rated as anything other than mediocre.

Gavtech

Administrator
Anything by Taiyo Yuden using the TYGO3 Dye is very well matched to your machine - They sell under their own name as well as make for Panasonic, Verbatim etc.

TDK TTH02 Dye is also well matched and reliable.

You just have to watch the markets though - because these can be hard to get these days.

Here's some worth checking out:

http://www.ukdvdr.co.uk/shop/Panasonic-DVD-RW-2x-branded-Slim-Jewel-Cased-box-of-10-pr-20054.html

http://www.ukdvdr.co.uk/shop/Panasonic-DVD-RW-4x-branded-Standard-Jewel-Cased-box-of-10-pr-20181.html

http://svp.co.uk/product/verbatim_(4x)_dvd_minus_rw_(43486)_3157

GavTech can you help me with another problem with the unit how can i get the clock to display on the front panel all the time

i have set the clock in the system settings when i turned the machine off nothing after a few minutes the clock displays but after another 5 it disappears and then nothing again

bigalt

Novice Member
Sounds like Power Saving mode is on.

Did you actually finalise the disks before trying to play them on a different machine. I've used Maxell in my Ex77 with no problems.

Gavtech

Administrator
GavTech can you help me with another problem with the unit how can i get the clock to display on the front panel all the time

i have set the clock in the system settings when i turned the machine off nothing after a few minutes the clock displays but after another 5 it disappears and then nothing again

As bigalt says, this will be down to the Power Save mode being invoked.

To turn it off goto Functions / To Others / Setup / Others / Power save... and select OFF.

See page 13 Box no 2 of the manual for the other effects of this change.

Just to confuse matters, I am given to understand that when Timers are programmed, that the clock will display, even if the Power Save Mode is invoked.

Sounds like Power Saving mode is on.

Did you actually finalise the disks before trying to play them on a different machine. I've used Maxell in my Ex77 with no problems.

ok now turned power saving off and it displays and i did finalise the discs mate

bigalt

Novice Member
Well if they are finalised then it looks like the other players just don't like those disks. I have loaned stuff to others on both Panasonic and Verbatim and some people have no problems with them and others can't even get them to play. Welcome to the wonderful world of DVD recording:D

bigalt

Novice Member
Now you've found disks that work try and stick to them, though I have not had a problem with any ones I have bought including cheapos over the internet.

If you think the Panny is fussy you should have tried the Daewoo VHS/DVD recorder I first bought.:( (the only ones it would work with was Maxell).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom