Panasonic DMR-EX78 dual digital tuner?

Z

z1ppyuk

Hi, I'm after some help!!

I have search the internet high and low to try and find concrete specs on how many digital tuners this box has (Panasonic DMR-EX78). Please can anyone confirm?

I'm hoping it has 2 digital tuners (so you can record one freeview channel whilst watching another) but fear its 1 digital, 1 analogue.

If it is only 1 digital tuner can anyone recommend a good sub £300 box with 2 digi tuners which is easy to understand and use? (It's for my mum!!)

Thanks!

ramjet

Banned
there are NO dvd recorders with dual digital tuners in the uk , and unlikely to be for some considerable time

there are pvr,s with twin digital tuners , but they do not have dvd recorder facilities and are dealt with in their own forum on avforums

so no twin tuners , only ones with a single analogue and a single digital , and only one tuner can be used at once , so no watching one channel while recording another channel from the same box

what you want is what many ppl want , but what nobody seems to want to make or sell in the uk , and that is a combined twin digital tuner pvr/hdd/dvd recorder

yes its time they made and sold them over here , but they dont !!

ps:- the way around your problem is to have a freeview tv , so she watches freeview using the tv freeview internal tuner and leaves the recorder to do its recording job on the chosen channel or input , by asking your original question you have totally bypassed the fact that her tv should be a freeview tv , and so there is no need for a dvd recorder with twin freeview tuners , nice to have but not totally necessary

myself , my mum , my brother and my children all have a freeview tv , and have the sony x70 freeview dvd/hdd recorders as well , job done

Last edited:
Z

z1ppyuk

Thanks ramjet - that's very helpful, even if it's not what I wanted to hear!

I'm not actually bothered too much about the DVD burning capability - it was merely a 'nice to have'. So can you recommend a good dual-digital-tuner PVR? Or should I be asking on another board?

Thanks for your help!

ramjet

Banned
Thanks ramjet - that's very helpful, even if it's not what I wanted to hear!

I'm not actually bothered too much about the DVD burning capability - it was merely a 'nice to have'. So can you recommend a good dual-digital-tuner PVR? Or should I be asking on another board?

Thanks for your help!
if its a pvr you want , you should be asking in here http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47 , ie:- the pvr forum

Top Bottom