• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic DMR-EX78 / DMR-EX79 fast foward speeds?

yabbitboy

Novice Member
Hi there,

I am looking forward to purchase the Panasonic DMR-EX78 / DMR-EX79 from ebay - This model I believe was produced around 2008/2009, but I do have a question about it's 5 speed search function, in particular, its fast forward speed.

I am interested in knowing how fast is the dvd recorder's slowest fast forward setting? Put it simply when you press the fast forward button only once, do you get audio that is sped up slightly but clearly intelligible to the viewer OR do you get audio that is sped up by alot that is UNintelligible to the viewer?

I am asking this as I have both an older Panasonic model, the 2006's DMR-EH65 and the 2010 model, the DMR-XW480 and they both have different fast forward speed as their slowest fast forward settings. The DMR-EH65 has 3x speed [ audio is sped up so quick that it is UNintelligible to the viewer ] as its slowest fast forward setting, while the DMR-XW480 has 1.6x speed [ intelligible to the viewer ] as its slowest fast forward setting. I dont know if the DMR-EX78/79 fastforward speed fits more closely with the DMR-EH65 model or the DMR-XW480 model.

Last edited:

Gavtech

Administrator
Late reply but I have not been able to get access to an EX78 until now.

The first high speed setting does play with sound but is effectively unintelligible. ( actual speed unknown)

However there is a high speed play facility achieved by pressing and holding the Play button for a few seconds (1.3 times) which is intelligible.

Check that the '480 does not use this method too. ( 1.3X would probably be marked on the play button if it does.)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom