Panasonic DMR-EX77EB

sbh

Standard Member
Reaction score
Any help, pointers, tips or info would be greatly appreciated here !!

I have a Panasonic DMR-EX77EB, works fine but only prob is .. when I try to finalise a DVD. After going through all the "accessing the management" menus, I get to where the option to finalise should be & it`s not !

Now I`m probably doing something completely bone headed here but it has me stumped.

Many thanks

are you sure you're in the DVD management options?

make sure it's the DVD drive that's the drive-in-use, and not the HDD. do this by pressing the Drive Select button at the top-left of the remote. on the front display of the unit you will see either HDD, DVD or SD, showing which drive is in use. you have to have the DVD drive as the one in use for the DVD management menu to be available, otherwise you only get the HDD management menu.

so press the Drive Select button till it shows DVD on the display, then press the Functions Menu button, then go To Others, then down to DVD Management, then the option to Finalise should be available.

if you already have the DVD drive selected, then it could be that the disc is already finalised. if you use the "basic" copy method (Functions Menu > Copy), then it automatically finalises a disc once it's transferred all the recordings to disc, so you don't have to do it yourself.

only if you use the Advanced Copy method (Functions Menu> To Others > Advanced Copy), would you have the option to finalise or not, so if you didn't do it this way but used the basic method as above, then it's probably already finalised.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom