Panasonic DMR-EX77EB with V+ Setup.

Dave_W

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My Dad has just bought one of these DVD recorders to go with his Panasonic TH37PX70CAB, he has set it up and is trying to record from satelite TV through his Virgin Media V+ box, we can't seem to get any playback.

Is anyone able to give me an idiots guide to setting it up, we have scart leads and HD connections and I've tried all sorts, read through the book and everything seems to be set up correctly, please help.

Thanks

You've probably done this already but if connected via scart, have you selected 'AV1' on the TV for viewing?

Can you be clearer please about whether he is seeking to record satellite onto the V+ unit ... or transfer an already recorded title from the V+ unit to the EX77?

You've probably done this already but if connected via scart, have you selected 'AV1' on the TV for viewing?

Yes, already tried that. The problem is I'm not entirely sure when connecting vis HD which devices the HDMI cables should be going from and to.

Can you be clearer please about whether he is seeking to record satellite onto the V+ unit ... or transfer an already recorded title from the V+ unit to the EX77?

He is trying to record from the V+ box to DVD recorder, not already stored content though, live tv.

He is trying to record from the V+ box to DVD recorder, not already stored content though, live tv.

OK - Note that sky+ does not output a signal when under timer control as it is a recorder itself. It records internally under such circumstances - so you can only get a live output out of it under manual control.

HDMI connections are output only on source devices so they should only feed to your TV.

To record onto the EX77 from V+ connect a fully wired scart from the tv SCART outlet of V+ to AV2 scart [ bottom scart] of the EX77

Select appropriately on the TV so you can see the output of the EX77 and select AV2 [ A2 on display] as the input on the EX77 - You should be able to see and record the output of the v+ box.

Good luck

OK - Note that sky+ does not output a signal when under timer control as it is a recorder itself. It records internally under such circumstances - so you can only get a live output out of it under manual control.

HDMI connections are output only on source devices so they should only feed to your TV.

To record onto the EX77 from V+ connect a fully wired scart from the tv SCART outlet of V+ to AV2 scart [ bottom scart] of the EX77

Select appropriately on the TV so you can see the output of the EX77 and select AV2 [ A2 on display] as the input on the EX77 - You should be able to see and record the output of the v+ box.

Good luck

Thanks very much pal, will be popping over tomorrow to give it a go.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom