Panasonic DMR-EX77EB recording/viewing

Pesche

Standard Member
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a Panasonic DMR-EX77EB DVD recorder and linking it up to an LCD TV with built-in Freeview tuner.

Will this allow me to view one digital prgramme while recording a different digital one (given that two digital tuners are involved)?

How would I connect them to be able to do this?

I also have a satellite receiver (Astra & Hotbird) that I would like to link up and record from. How would that be connected?

Thanks!

Gavtech

Administrator
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a Panasonic DMR-EX77EB DVD recorder and linking it up to an LCD TV with built-in Freeview tuner.

Will this allow me to view one digital prgramme while recording a different digital one (given that two digital tuners are involved)?
Hi Pesche. Welcome to the forum.

Yes it will.

How would I connect them to be able to do this?
Just normally. That is, connect the DVDR AV1 via scart to an RGB capable scart on the TV [ probably also AV1 ]
I also have a satellite receiver (Astra & Hotbird) that I would like to link up and record from. How would that be connected?
Use the TV output scart from the sat receiver [ as that is RGB] and connect it via scart to AV2 of the EX77.

In the menus [ Functions / To others / Setup / Connections ] check that AV1 output is set to RGB 1 and that AV2 input is set to intake RGB.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom