Panasonic DMR-EX773EB - Ext-Link Recording Problem

Draconis

Novice Member
Hi All - Can someone advise me on a problem please - I'm tearing my hair out here!!

I have my recorder linked to a Thompson Sky box - I have it set up to record sat programmes via sat-link while I'm away. The issue is - that it now refuses to record any two consecutive programmes in a row i.e it will record a programme from 9pm to 10pm, but refuses to record the one set up for 10pm to 11pm. You can see the sky banner pop up showing the box is changing channels, but the recorder turns off! The annoying thing is - it used to record consecutive programmes quite happily. Is there a setting I've inadvertently changed?? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

adebig

Prominent Member
Check the AV2 connection setting...

Functions / To Others / Setup / Connections and change AV2 input to RGB AND Video

Draconis

Novice Member
Hi Adrian - checked that and it's already set to RGB / Video. I'm experimenting now with using timer recording instead of sat-link, to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

P

Gavtech

Administrator
A few questions:

Can you confirm the model number - There is no EX337 model. Do you mean the EX773?

I presume you mean Ext Link recordings rather than Sat link?

See page 75 of your manual re Ext link.
There are two External link mode options. You could try Ext link 2 - which does not rely on control commands from the skybox ( which is what the skybox is failing to produce here).

Instead the DVDR will record whenever it detects any video output from the skybox. Note that means if you leave the skybox on rather than being under timer control, the DVDR will keep recording for evermore.

Draconis

Novice Member
Hi Gavtech - you're right! Dyslexia rules!! It's an EX773, and yes I mean ext-link.

at the moment I'm going to give it a try on Timer Recording (the Satellite box will turn on anyway) on AV2 channel, for a week and see if I still lose the second programme. If that's still not working I'll try setting it to Ext Link 2, although I suspect that that's almost the same as timer recording really.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Regards

p

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom