Panasonic DMR-EX77 Analogue or digital

H

Harry74

Is it possible to record analogue terrestial tv with the Panasonic DMR-EX77 recorder.

Thanks

Gavtech

Administrator
Is it possible to record analogue terrestial tv with the Panasonic DMR-EX77 recorder.

Thanks

Not directly no. The EX77 only has a digital tuner, thus it is only possible to record Freeview channels.

You could record from another terrestrial source, such as your TV for instance... but it is neither convenient nor controllable so not a very satisfactory workaround.

You require a dual tuner [ Analogue / Digital] device to record terrestrial.

I recommend against considering an analogue only tuner recorder at this stage of the digital switch-over.

goodie27

Standard Member
I was about to post a similar question:

I have downloaded the manuals for both the EX77 and the EX77EB models. These seem to indicate that the EX77EB only has a digital tuner whereas the EX77 has the ability to record both analogue & digital broadcasts.

Can anyone confirm this please?

The Pannie website does not list the EX77 under the list of products but Amazon seem to stock both models.

Thanks,
David

Gavtech

Administrator
I was about to post a similar question:

I have downloaded the manuals for both the EX77 and the EX77EB models. These seem to indicate that the EX77EB only has a digital tuner whereas the EX77 has the ability to record both analogue & digital broadcasts.

Can anyone confirm this please?

The Pannie website does not list the EX77 under the list of products but Amazon seem to stock both models.

Thanks,
David

Often the suffixes are dropped.
If you buy a machine in UK territory from a UK dealer it will be an EX77EB... even if referred to simply as an EX77.

The EX77 manual you have downloaded from Panasonic is intended for another territory.

The EX77 in the UK always and only ever has a single digital tuner.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom