• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic DMR-EX769 - aspect switching problem?

KPG1

Standard Member
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and I need some advice.

I'm in the market for my first DVD recorder and have been leaning towards Panasonic, partly because I have a Viera TV and partly based on online reviews and the comments on this forum.

I had the EX77 and EX79 in my sights until I read through the (very long) thread concerning aspect switching problems when recorded programmes are played back from the HD (http://www.avforums.com/forums/dvd-...-ex77eb-anyone-had-aspect-ratio-problems.html), which put me off both machines.

Does anybody know whether the DMR-EX769 is affected by the same issue? Can any owners comment?

I can change the aspect ratio of my TV via the remote, but unless I'm mistaken, judging from comments in the above thread, this wouldn't be possible if the recorder and TV were connected via HDMI (something I'd like to investigate to make the most of upscaling).

Thanks in advance.

tinytim

Changing the TV aspect should be independent of the input source.

On my Panasonic TV I just press the aspect button and can select what aspect ratio I like , regardless whether it's Scart or HDMI input.

KPG1

Standard Member
Thanks - I guess I'll have to hope for the best, because I know this has caused considerable problems for owners of other Panasonic DVD recorders.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom