Panasonic DMR-EX75EB-S No sound when viewing or recording live TV

christbel

Novice Member
Reaction score
Panasonic DMR-EX75EB-S -no sound when viewing or recording live TV. One day the sound just stopped working. I used to play the radio stations into my Hi-Fi and listen through that but that's stopped working as well.

However, I can play DVD's with sound and vision just fine and also playback programmes from the hard disk that had been recorded prior to the fault.

My usual set-up is to connect our rooftop aerial to the unit through the RF-in connector, the Panasonic being connected to the TV via the HDMI slot.

I did try connecting a satellite receiver to the unit via a SCART cable instead of using terrestrial input but this produced the same result - picture but no sound.

I'm not averse to using a soldering iron but I would appreciate it if someone is able to give any clue as to where to look.:(

Welcome to the forum.

IC3001

It is a coincidence but someone raised the issue today on a sister machine
See the thread: Panasonic DMR EX77 FAULT

Thanks for the information. I've read the thread and it seems to be a common problem and a difficult one to remedy as well. I think I'll talk to a local repairer who has the necessary equipment to do a decent job, or ditch this one and look for a second hand machine to replace it as they seem quite costly to by a new one.
Thanks again

Thanks for the information. I've read the thread and it seems to be a common problem and a difficult one to remedy as well. I think I'll talk to a local repairer who has the necessary equipment to do a decent job, or ditch this one and look for a second hand machine to replace it as they seem quite costly to by a new one.
Thanks again
Good luck.

The latest video from AVForums

Quality vs. Convenience: How do you consume your movies & TV shows?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom