Panasonic Dmr Ex75

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by aussiemark, Jan 5, 2007.

1. aussiemark

aussiemark
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am wondering if one is able to edit and peice together various extracts from Hi 8 camcorder film onto the harddrive and then onto disc? If so is it a painstaking and/or complex exercise ?? Any advice would be appreciated,thanks.

2. maldonian

maldonian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Yes you can, by creating a playlist.

If you haven't used playlists yet, they're fairly straightforward but there's a bit of a learning curve.

The basic idea is that you mark the entry and exit points of the scenes you want use by creating chapters. Then you select the scenes you want to include by adding the chapters to the playlist. You can add them in any order, and you can add chapters from different titles.

Having created the playlist you check it by playing it. If you want to make any changes you can edit the playlist by adding, moving, creating, combining or erasing chapters. Playlist editing is non-destructive - the source material remains intact throughout.

When you're happy with the playlist, you can dub (copy) it to a DVD. This creates a single title on the DVD, which is your finished result.

If you want to, you can create more than one playlist from the same source material - for example a short version and a director's cut.

A bit more about chapters:

You can create the chapters to mark the scenes before you create the playlist or while you're creating it. To create them beforehand, pause at the exact start of each scene, using slow motion and/or step to make final fine adjustments, then press the Create Chapter button to mark the start (assuming there is one on the EX75's remote, I've got an earlier model). Do the same to mark the end of each scene. The chapter you want to include is between the two marks.

You can move a whole chapter in the playlist, but you can't move a chapter mark directly. Instead, remove the mark by combining the chapters either side, then create a chapter at the new position.

If you want to leave all the scenes in the order you shot them, you could simply record the whole lot into one title and use partial erase to delete the bits you don't want.

3. aussiemark

aussiemark
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thankyou very much for your comprehensive reply.It was most helpful to me and has motivated me to purchase a unit today. One last question though, is it possible to dub music over the newly edited chapters ???? Thanyou for taking the time to assist me.

4. maldonian

maldonian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Ah! I assumed you already had one. I hope you're pleased with it.

No. Not that I'm aware of (as I said I've got an earlier model).

5. Suggers

Suggers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have the EX85 and it's a fabbo machine - but, I really find editing my video8 tapes much easier on a pc - adding music etc. - then burning to DVD.
    The Panasonic's not really designed for complex editing.
    Don't let me stop you from getting one - superb bit of kit.

6. ChainsawDude

ChainsawDude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I have the EX85 aswell and I second this comment.