Panasonic DMR EX75 remote programming for TV

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pj006, Aug 15, 2006.

1. pj006

pj006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, this is my first post after lurking about these forums for a while, any assistance will be gratefull received!

I just bought a Panasonic DMR EX75 for my parents, and I set it up without any problem.

However, the only problem I have is that I can't manage to set up the Panasonic remote to control the (reasonably new) TV. The instructions in the manual are pretty simple, but there seems to be something missing:

"Hold the tv power button down on the remote and then enter the TV code (05, 06, or 31)".

I'm holding the power button down, but should I expect a setting to appear either on the TV screen or the DVD unit so I can then enter the Manufacturer code?

All I can do at the moment is try and hold the tv power button down and type in one of the three codes, but nothing happens, and there is no positive confirmation I am doing anything at all.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

2. lasitha

lasitha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I think you are doing the right thing. Howver, since the manual says "some television models of the brands listed above, cannot be operated using the remote control", could it be that your TV isn't compatiable with the remote?.

Lasitha

3. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,016
    No. Doing this setting is entirely internal to the remote.
    It has nothing to do with the DVD unit or TV.
    The normal way of testing for a confirmation of operation , is to make the setting and then attempt to use the dedicated TV buttons [ on the north east of the remote] either to switch the TV off .. or change channel or change volume.

Good luck

4. pj006

pj006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hm, Thanks for the advice all. I was thinking it might be because of the age of the TV, but its not more than 3-4 years old and there were at least 3 codes for Goodmans which I thought would cover quite a few models. It is fairly ropey 4:3 15" CRT however so this might just help me persuade my dad to get something better!

5. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,532
    What's the model no?
    Goodmans don't make there own sets, they are just re-badged something or others.
    I can tell from the model no who it's made by and then you will have other codes to try.