Panasonic dmr ex75 prob recording ntl on demand

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rmellie, Jan 5, 2007.

1. rmellie

rmellie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried to record a few films off ntl on demand using a dvd ram cprm capable disc but the copy protetion kicks in. Does the cprm need to be activated on the recorder or is it automatic. Does anyone know if ntl actually uses cprm or if they just stop you recording full stop. Cheers.

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    I have Sky so i dont know exactly what the limitations of NTL On Demand are, but i'm guessing you are not allowed to record shows from that specific system......normal live broadcast TV shows yes.....I may have that wrong though, someone else might offer some help there....

If they dont want you recording then please dont discuss any further on trying to get around as talking about cracking copy protection software is not allowed on this forum, cheers :)

3. rmellie

rmellie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. I'm not trying to crack copy protection. Hence using cprm disc's. Just wandered if anyone knows if ntl uses cprm. Thanks again.

4. DPHolland

DPHolland
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am an NTL customer and they do not let you record from 'On demand' content full stop. Therefore having cprm discs will not make any difference. Its a non starter. I also have the panny EX75 and cannot get it to record from on demand to DVD or HDD.

5. ivanwilson

ivanwilson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Most, if not all, On Demand programmes have 'not recordable' included in programme information.