1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR-ES30V DVD/VHS Combi - Noise problems

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by lonewaller, Jul 21, 2005.

1. lonewaller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I'm attempting to find out if I actually have a problem before contacting the retailer I purchased my machine from (internet purchase).

Having contacted Panasonic direct, I got a bog standard answer of either contacting the retailer or taking it to a Panny Service Centre - according to their website there isn't one in Aberdeen which does DVD's.

While I expected some backgroud noise when in operation, it is loud enough to be heard over the tv.

However, this is not my main concern. The "noise" happens even when the machine is switched on but idle. Take the DVD (or tape) out and the noise stops. I haven't checked the VHS (other than there is a noise with a tape in -different to that of the DVD), but with the DVD I have noticed the following.

No DVD no noise. Put a DVD in then what appears to be a fan kicks in.
    Almost immediately the noise grows as the DVD "spins up" and then settles back slightly. If no controls are pressed, then the noise lasts for about 10
    minutes before going silent. After approx 15 mins it starts up again for about 5-10 mins. It is as loud as when actually playing a DVD.

Having both a DVD & VHS tape in increases the noise slightly.

Any comments?