panasonic DMR-ES20D

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by markj40, Mar 7, 2006.

1. markj40

markj40

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had this unit about six months ago and every day at about 3.15 am the guide lights up on the front of the display,it used to stay on guide for about an hour then revert back to displaying the time, so i figured it was just the guide updating itself. For the last 3 days now its still been switching on to guide at the same time but is still on guide the next day and i have to manually switch it off. Does anyone know why it is doing this?

2. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Mine does exactly the same - and since the last OTA update it now says every time I switch on from mains - new DVB station found. Allowing it to search reveals no new channel found.

I asked Panasonic about the latter and they emailed me telling me to switch of the auto search facility. So much for that then.

3. markj40

markj40

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just found the manual and on page 48 it tells you how to switch of the epg download and software update, just means every now and again youl have to search for new software manually,but thats in the same menu.if you havent got the manual and want to know how to switch it off then read the following....press functions , scroll down to others, select set up, scroll to system update, press enter, scroll to options then press enter.you can then switch these settings to off....cheers

mark