• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Panasonic DMR-ES10EB/EBL DVD Recorder

Kraftwerk

Novice Member
Hello and hope you can help me.

I dont use this dvd player/recorder very much and thought I would have a look at some dvd's from my holidays. I could not eject the disc drawer so left it for another day. I opened up the black shutter on the front and held it down so I could try and observe what was happening. I pressed the open/close button and the disc drawer opened and the loader came out. It continued to work and I opened the shutter manually and held it down each time.

Today I wanted to view all the RAM discs and see what was on them. Unfortunately the disc drawer would not eject. I had a look inside and could see a clear plastic cover and as I tried to eject the disc drawer, I watched what this plastic cover did and it goes down and disappears almost as if it is there when visible to protect inside.

On observation, I think the problem may be the clear plastic cover, together with the shutter I have held open, that stops the disc drawer from ejecting.

I did ring a company last week Panasonic gave me and I wasnt aware at the time of the above information, at the time, only aware that the disc drawer was not ejecting. The man at the company said it was £30 to assess the player which would come off the final bill. But he said if there was a fault with the dvd loader, the player would have to go back to Germany and could cost £150.

Has anyone come across this problem themselves and if so, is there something I can do to help my player eject the disc drawer. Other than hold down the shutter in the hope that the disc drawer will eject and I can play my RAM discs.

Thanks in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom