1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR ES10 vs ES30 combo

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by roadtorode, Jun 15, 2005.

1. roadtorode

roadtorode
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I'm looking to get my first DVD writer. It will be mainly used for archiving old VHS and SKY+ recordings. Its usage will be 'light' or 'occasional'; ditto as a DVD or CD player - I never seems to find the time to watch or listen as much as I would like. I like the idea of space saving by dumping my old Panasonic VCR and going for a combo, but I don't want a compromise system either. So my questions are these:

i Is the DVD recorder in the ES30 the same as the ES10 but plus £100 worth of VCR, or is it likely to be a lesser unit ?

ii Is it likely to suffer from the same firmware problems I read about for the 10/50 on this forum ?

iii Are most VHS cassettes likely to be copy-protected anyway ? If so, will this unit allow me to loop a macroblaster cable from scart to scart to overcome this, and if so, will this miss some of the benefits of this deck (which seems to tidy up VHS for copy purposes..)?

iv. Has anybody got an ES30 to comment on its 'quality' ?

Thanks guys...

2. CheekyKid

CheekyKid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    The ES30 is a very good quality recorded with the downside of not having DVI input and most important it doesnt place chapters on your recordings therefore you will have to browse your dvd like the cassettes.Apart from these the Panny is very good.