1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR-ES10 users pleave help

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by CheekyKid, Jun 26, 2005.

1. CheekyKid

CheekyKid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Am interested for a dvd recorder without HDD and i've been thinking about the Panasonic DMR-ES10 as it seems to be the best around(no?).My questions are these: Can I connect it to my sky digibox(Amstrad DRX 400) by scart and record from it? Does it place chaptes stops on recordings or its like vhs recording? Would I be able to use a recorded dvd on my computer and edit it ,rip it etc? Many thanks

2. LazenbyADT

LazenbyADT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes you can record from your sky box.

when you finalize your dvd it will place chapter stops.

If you record on dvd-ram disc you probably can`t use it on you pc.

however if you record onto dvd-r and dvd-rw discs they will play on most pc`s so you can rip/edit etc.

3. dvdnoddy

dvdnoddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The Panasonic machines only edit on RAM (or HDD if they have one).

If you go for the ES10 you'll only be able to edit out the averts on RAM disc's. This is fine if you want to keep them on RAM disc's but if you want to transfer to -R / +R / -RW / +RW that play in DVD Players you'll need a PC with a RAM drive (There aren't many as its not so popular in PC's and, of those that do some, don't take the caddies just the bare disc's) and software to convert it to DVD-Video format.

Or if you know anyone with a Panasonic DVD Recorder with a HDD I assume they would be able to transfer it for you.

Of the Recordable DVD Disc's only RAM,-RW VR Mode and +RW can edit adverts (-RW Video can't edit adverts).

If you want a Panasonic machine I would really advise that you get one with a HDD.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,203
    Approx. 50% of PC drives that ship are DVD-RAM compatible so there is a good chance he may have a DVD-RAM compatible drive. Failing that the average cost of a RAM compatible ROM drive is around £13...

The benefit of opting for a DVD-RAM or DVD-RW VR mode recorder is you can then edit on your set-top as opposed to buying editing software on the PC. And you then still get all the benefits associated with VR mode when using your DVD recorder in a day to day basis, i.e. Playlists, timeslip, non-linear recording.

5. Bouncy Pete

Bouncy Pete
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you use DVD-RAM it's far, far better than you'd believe. I find DVD-RAM so flexible to use I can't think of a reason why I should use anything else. (I'm sure loads of people will tell me though)

Firstly each recording creates its own title/thumbnail with a time and date stamp on the thumbnail so that when you put a disc into the machine you can instantly see every program that you recorded on that disc. In addition to this you can add a name to the thumbnail. You can even store up to 20 program names in a list (sort of a favorites list) so you don't need to type the name every time, just select it from the list. You can either add the title when you set the timer or after you've recorded the program.

When you are watching a recording back and have to stop it half way through it will restart from the point that you stopped it rather than the beginning of the recording, unless you eject that disc. If you need to eject the disc you can simply create a chapter at the point that you stopped it and then you can resume from that point when you re-insert the disc later.

You can watch a program before its finished or watch another program on the same disc whilst you a recording a new program.

Oh, and it's so easy to use even my wife can use it :D