Panasonic DMR-ES10 or Pioneer DVR-220?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pgustavsson, Jun 29, 2005.

1. pgustavsson

pgustavsson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All.

I have found plenty of reviews of the Panasonic machine, but none of the Pioneer, has anyone got some links for the Pioneer?

I am not sure which one to choose from, and was wondering if owners of these machines would be so kind as to help out with some questions i have :

Does the pioneer really not play +r +rw discs? i know it cannot write to them, but read? i have tons of stuff on +r discs that would be nice to play!

If the Pioneer does read + discs, it would be the recorder i am leaning towards getting, am i right in doing so? or is the panasonic better.

As far as i can tell, the panasonic does write to more formats, but the pioneer has more editing features on normal -rw discs without having to get the more expensive ram discs for the panny.

Any input would be very very appriciated.

Best Regards
    /Patric

2. peter l

peter l

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Patric

I don't think that the Pioneer will play +r +rw discs. By the way prices have come down considerably and, last time I looked, the 320 seemed to be just as cheap as the 220 with the benefit of DV-in. (£179.95 at hifisuppliers.co.uk).

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,265
    The Panasonic is the superior machine without a doubt - better recording performance, better DVD playback, better connectivity and wider compatibility. The Pioneer 220 is looking quite long in the tooth now - although that's not to say it's a bad DVD recorder.

The 220 will play most DVD+R/+RW though so you don't have to worry on that score. And you can pick DVD-RAMs up quite cheapily these days as well.

4. DVD-RAM

DVD-RAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Panasonic Panasonic Panasonic Panasonic Panasonic Panasonic

I own two (an E50 and an E55) and they are the business.
    I would say the E50 is a better machine than the E55.

When you can use DVD-RAM it really isn't worth faffing around with +RW.