• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic dmr-es10 dim diplay -- again help please !!!

hififan1950

Standard Member
Hi All,
Ever since I purchased my Panasonic DMR-ES10 DVD recorder second hand (it was stated as as new ), the clock/counter/fluro display is very dim, EVEN with the setting on high.
I have read of this problem on various sites/forums.
Doeas anyone know a cure for this seemingly 'stock' problem with the unit ?
IF it is just a faulty display, does anyone know the make and part number ?
I do not have a service manual to fin the latter info, and Panaonic state they will not supply me with a new display as I am not a dealer (usual Panasonic !!!).
Please help if you can please as there is a lot of these recorders out there with the same problem it seem !!!???
Thanks------Chris

Gavtech

Administrator
Hi All,
Ever since I purchased my Panasonic DMR-ES10 DVD recorder second hand (it was stated as as new ), the clock/counter/fluro display is very dim, EVEN with the setting on high.
I have read of this problem on various sites/forums.
Doeas anyone know a cure for this seemingly 'stock' problem with the unit ?
IF it is just a faulty display, does anyone know the make and part number ?
I do not have a service manual to fin the latter info, and Panaonic state they will not supply me with a new display as I am not a dealer (usual Panasonic !!!).
Please help if you can please as there is a lot of these recorders out there with the same problem it seem !!!???
Thanks------Chris

Welcome to the forum Chris.

I cannot tell you the part number ... and there probably would be no point, as it would be next to unobtainable and certainly not economic to replace... but often the cause of problems, which as you say are common with this sort of device, will be due to dry joints where the device connects to the PCB or failed/failing capacitors either around the unit or back in the PSU.

Some soldering expertise and experience is usually required to deal with the multiipinned devices.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom