Panasonic DMR-EH60D no freeview fault

jase17uk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Just want to contribute something to this forum and for DMR-EH60D owners too.

As soon after our transmitter was switched over to fully digital then my panny has stopped able to receive any channels. Despise re-scanning and did every solution I find on the net. Nothing works. Until when I come across a problem with newer model DMR-EX75's capacitor which is a known defect.

So I opened my panny and behold there's a blown capacitor but completely different location and type to the one for DMR-EX75. The capacitor is near the tuner on the main board. (There's two same capacitors, one of them are blown). Hope this will give you all enough clues to finding it. I will try upload a photo of the location of the offending capacitor.

So I removed the old capacitor which is a 6.3v 470uF 85deg (coloured in metallic blue) and replaced with new capacitor which is a 6.3v 470uF 105deg (notice the improved temperature resistance).

Then it picks up all of the digital channels. So that capacitor is to do with receiving the signals or in-fact same function as the offending one in DMR-EX75.

Hope this posting is useful.

Thanks

Hi peeps,

Just want to contribute something to this forum and for DMR-EH60D owners too.

As soon after our transmitter was switched over to fully digital then my panny has stopped able to receive any channels. Despise re-scanning and did every solution I find on the net. Nothing works. Until when I come across a problem with newer model DMR-EX75's capacitor which is a known defect.

So I opened my panny and behold there's a blown capacitor but completely different location and type to the one for DMR-EX75. The capacitor is near the tuner on the main board. (There's two same capacitors, one of them are blown). Hope this will give you all enough clues to finding it. I will try upload a photo of the location of the offending capacitor.

So I removed the old capacitor which is a 6.3v 470uF 85deg (coloured in metallic blue) and replaced with new capacitor which is a 6.3v 470uF 105deg (notice the improved temperature resistance).

Then it picks up all of the digital channels. So that capacitor is to do with receiving the signals or in-fact same function as the offending one in DMR-EX75.

Hope this posting is useful.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum and ....Thanks for the very useful report.

Was the capacitor the one as shown in post number 4 in this thread by any chance?

Of the solutions you tried, did it include a 15 minute mains disconnection? ... because replacing the capacitor [ although a very good candidate ] could produce a misleading result, as presumably the machine would have been disconnected for at least that period whilst the repair was done.
In all cases I have known of so far, this has been enough to restore digital channels. Albeit if the capacitor was blown it would need replacing anyway.

Assuming it is the same cap as in the picture, it is obviously a challenging location so I would expect it to cause problems.

Can you tell me the circuit designation number please - which will help in further investigation.

Hi, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. It is not the same cap as pointed out in the picture BUT if you look at the bottom left in the picture and you should see the twin caps, the bottom of the twin was blown in my case this has caused panny not picking up any channels. Since I have replaced it, it worked perfectly. :)

Just want to add, I know it is blown for sure because at the top of cap, you will see yellowish stuff coming up through the slits. Also although it is coloured in metallic purple in this picture, mine was blue.

Last edited:
Hi, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. It is not the same cap as pointed out in the picture BUT if you look at the bottom left in the picture and you should see the twin caps, the bottom of the twin was blown in my case this has caused panny not picking up any channels. Since I have replaced it, it worked perfectly. :)

Just want to add, I know it is blown for sure because at the top of cap, you will see yellowish stuff coming up through the slits. Also although it is coloured in metallic purple in this picture, mine was blue.

OK Thanks.

For future reference , and assuming I have correctly understood which cap you are referring to...

This board is actually referred to as the VIF board - not the tuner board, as I called it earlier. [It is attached as a sub-assembly onto the tuner board]

The circuit designation is C0707. It appears to be part of a decoupling network associated with IC701 on the same board.

It is a general purpose capacitor: 47 µF 50 Volts

Panasonic Part number EEAGA1HR47B [ Not really relevant - Any cap will do here]

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom