Panasonic DMR EH60D - best price?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by peter l, Oct 24, 2005.

1. peter l

peter l

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to take the plunge and was wondering if anyone had seen a better price than around the £395-399 mark? Thanks.

Peter

2. willsy2

willsy2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Got mine from Richer Sounds, picked it up from the local shop, had to reserve one as they were out of stock. £399.00

3. peter l

peter l

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. Richer does seem the best option, easier to take back if something goes wrong.

4. helicon2

helicon2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Here

Can't vouch for them cause I've never used them but this is the cheapest I've seen it.

5. willsy2

willsy2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Just as a comparison one of the local department stores were selling them for £550.00

6. BlackRaven

BlackRaven
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Digital Point's price of £399.89 includes delivery, 5 discs and a scart cable. I searched everywhere for cheaper and haven't found any so that was where I ordered mine online on Sunday. They phoned me yesterday to tell me it would be delivered today (but I am at work so dont know if its arrived yet).

Its also the multi-region version of the machine :)

7. willsy2

willsy2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    A bit cheaper with the blanks and scart included, but the warranty is cheaper at Richer Sounds, only £59.95.
    Mind you just checked the Richer Sounds website, and they don't have the DMR EH60D listed any more.

8. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    Digital Point have supplied me with two Panasonic machines on different occasions. They use City Link for next day delivery if ordered before 3 p.m. and this occurred on both deliveries. City link van arriving here in Gtr Manchester around 1 p.m. each time. They will leave a card if you aren't in but they will ONLY attempt delivery twice.

Digital Point (Electro Centre, Handsworth, Birmingham) are an excellent firm and well regarded. Note also that this machine is Multiregion modded.

http://www.digital-point.co.uk/dvd_recorders.php?ScrollAction=Page 2

9. peter l

peter l

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Let me know if it is delivered on time, because I have seen some very poor reviews of this firm.

10. LCDC

LCDC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought a multiregion EH60D at Richer Sounds last Friday (the last one they had in the shop). I was told that the reason it had been taken off the website is that it had been put on at £399.95 in error, and that it would be going back on the website this week priced at £450. At least that's what they told me.

11. willsy2

willsy2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Whew, i'm pleased i got mine when i did, i was going to wait until nearer christmas. Looks like i got the 3 year warranty for a tenner!

12. DRAMBO

DRAMBO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Richer sounds have got a price-match policy in-store. If you provide the retailers tel no., they'll check and provided it's in stock & it's a UK model and it's multi-region, they'll beat the price by by £10.

13. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
  14. BlackRaven

BlackRaven
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was delivered no problem at all. I am sure that despite me being in the northwest and them being down south that they hand delivered it rather than using a courier!! The box (not labelled) was given to my neighbour with the free disks and scart lead separate completely, and they posted the invoice through my front door saying what number the machine had been delivered to. I cannot complain about their service at all!!!

The machine also I have had no probs with. I had the DMR EH100 beforehand and so far haven't lost any features and the menus are all familiar. I haven't had proper chance to "play" yet though.

15. IanUK

IanUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got a DMR EH60D today from Richer Sounds for £399

I've been having a little play and it seems great so far.
    Much nicer than the Liteon 5045 I had suffered with before.

16. Bev478

Bev478

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Did read somewhere, (Digital Spy?), a suggestion from a poster about a possible, upcoming price adjustment at RS that was something to do with Panasonic, but cannot now locate that post :( After reading the 2 threads, I searched around & found 'Let's Go Digital' selling for the same £399 price. Kept their details to use at RS for a price match (if RS did up the price).Have just been to the RS site & it is indeed now £450. Weirdly, Let's Go Digital site now lists at £465!! What is going on? According to price comparison sites there are some sellers still listing at £405 inc p&p, but am wondering if their price will rise too? Also, have not dealt with any of the companies listed, whereas I have good experience with RS which is 5 mins from me. I am not in a position to buy until Xmas, so can only hope the prices drop again :(

17. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    The Multiregion modded DMR-EH60D is available from Digital Point, Birmingham, for £409 including free delivery. They use City Link for next day delivery if ordered by 3 p.m. and don't live out in the wilds. I have purchased two dvd recorders from them and both delivered next day between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. That's
    Birmingham to Gtr. Manchester.

http://www.digital-point.co.uk/model.php?ID=2174

Check out the retailer reviews on Pricerunner Uk website :

http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/sound-and-vision/vision/dvd-players/455867/prices

18. LCDC

LCDC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The staff in Richer Sounds were spot on with their prediction then :eek:. It looks like I've gone and done something right for a change, and bought the EH60D at the right time :thumbsup:. Perhaps the EH60D is selling so well that Panasonic feel they can reposition it in the market.

19. Caroline

Caroline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    If the Panny you got for £399 is a multi-region you've snapped up a real bargain. But I am fairly sure a few weeks ago I saw the EH60D on RS website for £399 but it wasn't marked as being multi-region.

I notice that the EH60D on the Empire Direct site for £399 makes no mention of being multi-region.

We are hoping to get a EH60D soon, but don't want to pay another £50 for multi-region as we already have two multi-region players.

Caroline

20. LCDC

LCDC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is multi-region :), it's even marked as such on the box, I wouldn't have bought one if it wasn't (I have a large collection of region 1 DVDs). The thing is I only went out and bought it at very short notice, although I'd been looking to buy one as soon as they were available with Freeview tuners built in and the prices had settled down. I only decided to get one last week as someone posted on here that they'd just been taken off the RS website, so I thought I'd try and get one before there was a supply problem. It looks like my snap decision payed off :thumbsup:. It's very unusual for a product to actually go up in price, especially so soon after its release. I'm not sure what's going on here, perhaps Panasonic weren't making enough margin on the EH60D. Whichever way I'm very pleased with the machine, I just need to sit down and spend several hours reading the manual now :rolleyes:.

21. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    If you check out the REVIEWS on the Pricerunner website it gives you customer feedback on the retailer selected. If the majority or reviews are good then, hopefully, you should be able to go ahead and purchase with confidence.

I should think that just before Xmas will be a bad time to purchase any equipment. Prices rise and delivery times go haywire.

When prices rise for no apparent reason I think this is due to the manufacturers having a dig at the retailer for cutting prices too much to gain unfair competition. Whether they threaten them with delays to stock ordering or what I don't know but I think it does happen. Some retailers appear to get round this by quoting extremely low price for bare minimum, a slightly higher price for the machine with a super scart lead and an even higher price for a machine supplied with a scart lead and a spindle or package of recordable blank discs.

Just look at the link I posted above - why would you wish to pay £445 for an item when it can be obtained for £409?

http://www.digital-point.co.uk/model.php?ID=2174

22. IanUK

IanUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My machine is multi region from RS, looks like I did something right for a change as well !

23. Bev478

Bev478

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks for the link. As I said, I had seen it still at a low price with some sellers, but was mainly curious to the price increases by the 2 cheapest retailers.

Xmas may be a bad time to purchase - but it's also when myself & partner 'buy ourselves' a present (like the widescreen tv, av amp, dvd player etc.), stuff we cannot justify spending out for during the year :( It does not have to be here for Xmas, just the general time of year we treat ourselves.

Do not 'want' to pay £50 more - but after past problems have come to appreciate the benefits of having a local store when problems arise. Certainly after reading reviews of 'etailers' - delivery service can be fantastic, it's the headaches involved with returns that can make the difference, (especially large equipment).

@ Caroline
    I regularly check the RS website & believe the Panny has always been listed as multi-region.
    Even more sick now the price has gone up - but I am patient & will wait. Didn't say which Xmas :)

24. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    This afternoon Panasonic have sent me the usual monthly email. One of the "offers" is save £50 on the DMR-EH60D.
    Clicking on the price I find it is £499-99.
    The "Normal" price they have listed is £549-99! Can you believe it. I do not believe many people receiving this newsletter will take up on this offer.

25. willsy2

willsy2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Got the same e-mail from Panasonic. They are showing as out of stock - expected 12th Nov.Here

26. shaunr

shaunr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Chaps, just in case anyone wants an option with the purchase of an EH60... i used Price Beat with Richer sounds (£445) and ajelectronics.co.uk (£414). ajelectronics had 7 in stock yesterday and they are multiregion, which richer insist it's the same product. You then *must* ask that they beat it by £10..or they just match.. giving a total of £404 : )

Also got some Walkman headphones for printng off a voucher prior to going down :)

27. Caroline

Caroline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks Bev478. Sorry, must have been another website I was looking at while checking out RS price.

Caroline

28. Bev478

Bev478

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Will keep my fingers crossed that, when I'm ready to buy, a cheaper website has them in stock so I will be able to use the price match option :thumbsup:

29. shaunr

shaunr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Yeah, remember to ask them to beat by £10.00 too..otherwise they'll just match.

30. peter l

peter l

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That said, AJ Electronics are showing as out of stock now. In fact, there seems to be a bit of a shortage generally, so that the lowest price is creeping upwards.