Panasonic DMR-EH60 worth waiting for.

maxipax

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Is this player worth waiting for. I was going to get the Panasonic DMR-EH50 but not sure whether to wait. The 60 has the freaview decoder in it I think is this correct, and will the rest of the machine be the same or as good as the 50, as I have read good reviews on that one. Any advice or comments greatly appreciated
Many thanks

Max,

I'm waiting.

I was going to get the 50 with my PV500 but just took the ES10 as standard instead, and sold it.

The EH60, with have a) a Freeview tuner, b) A 200Gb HDD Vs a 80Gb HDD.

For me, that is worth waiting on.

Downside is: a) the EH50 will probably drop in price, and the EH60 will be a bit steep when it first comes out (as everything is)

Advantages of EH60D:
- Freeview - only if you can receive it. If you have it, your recording will be made in digital domain.
- 200 GB of HDD.
- DV in (FireWire) for digital camcorder.
The rest is the same as of EH50.

Cheers :hiya:

ArtS

I'm in Austria and just bought a Pany DMR EH60 last week. Impressed with the picture / sound quality and all the features.

I've just got an anologue reciever and standard ariel how. To use the freeview function do I just drop the Sat receiver or do I need something else for it to work? (e.g. new ariel).

Edit - Looks like freeview is just for the UK or is it available in mainland europe?

>>I'm in Austria and just bought a Pany DMR EH60 last week. Impressed with the picture / sound quality and all the features.<<

There is DMR-EH60 and DMR-EH60D, only the second one has a digital DVB-T tuner. Panasonic Europe only seem to sell the EH60D in UK even though other countries in Europe do have digital terrestrial TV. The UK is Europe's most advanced digital market so that probably explains their reasoning.

I live in Finland and will probably have to buy an EH60D from UK since here they only sell EH60 and I want the digital tuner. I know that the Panasonic digital TV tuners (ie set top box) can handle DVB-T modulation types for both UK and Finland so i'm hoping the EH60D has the same kind of digital tuner. This page http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/freeviewhelp.html tells about using a "freeview" digital tuner in other parts of Europe.

Richard

Looks like freeview is just for the UK or is it available in mainland europe?
Freeview is a UK service only - it is the name for our DVB-T service.

Advantages of EH60D:
- Freeview - only if you can receive it. If you have it, your recording will be made in digital domain.
- 200 GB of HDD.
- DV in (FireWire) for digital camcorder.
Sure about that last bit? The European model may ave one, not seen it confirmed for UK. :-(

Exactly, it looks like the EH60D doesn't have DVin. European does. I'm so sorry for my mistake but I'm not really sure about this difference. IMO it is stupid omission.

ArtS :oops:

riku said:
There is DMR-EH60 and DMR-EH60D, only the second one has a digital DVB-T tuner. Panasonic Europe only seem to sell the EH60D in UK even though other countries in Europe do have digital terrestrial TV. The UK is Europe's most advanced digital market so that probably explains their reasoning.

I live in Finland and will probably have to buy an EH60D from UK since here they only sell EH60 and I want the digital tuner. I know that the Panasonic digital TV tuners (ie set top box) can handle DVB-T modulation types for both UK and Finland so i'm hoping the EH60D has the same kind of digital tuner. This page http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/freeviewhelp.html tells about using a "freeview" digital tuner in other parts of Europe.

Richard

Thanks I must have the EH60. The camcorder interface is more important to us than freeview.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom