Panasonic DMR-EH60 HDD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by AV OPP, Aug 2, 2005.

1. AV OPP

AV OPP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I have a question about the Panasonic DMR-EH60, we received two of these machines today.

What we were wanting to know, is there any way that you can connect these to you Computer via Firewire Port and see them as a Hard Drive this Way?

We have tried just straight Firewire to the PC and just get errors, we were hoping that someone else has received errors and found another way around this.

When we ordered these machine we automatically thought that with Firewire port we would be able to see this as a Hard Drive. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

2. sjw

sjw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Are you in the UK? Is it the EH60D (built in Freeview)?
    Only asking because I didn't think these were out yet and didn't think they had a firewire port (in the UK).
    Even so though, I thought it was only DVin.

3. AV OPP

AV OPP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, in Australia. This model has been available to us for a short period of time and only received these today. So we were hoping that there may be a patch or a software or Firmware update. So you are not to sure if this is the case.

Thanks

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,268
    AV OPP, I'm afraid none of the iLink ports on DVD recorders work in this fashion. They are solely for input from a digital camcorder and will not connect to your PC. You won't be able to access the EH60 HDD I'm afraid.

It's still wait and see on the UK iLink port. The European versions of the ES20 and EH60 both have it. The UK ES20D didn't - and we'll have to see for the EH60D.

5. TobyW

TobyW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hello AV OPP, can I ask you (1) does the Oz version have a Digital tuner, and (2) where might I find one?

6. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't see DV output or HDMI input will ever be built in to a DVD recorder, for some reason, "THEY" think we would attempt to pirate DVD movies, who us ?,
    never !!!!! :eek:

7. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,268
    If they want us to buy and use HD DVD/BluRay recorders in the near future then they will have to at some stage!

8. AV OPP

AV OPP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunatley, our main use for this was the court evidence that we edit for the trials and then we wanted a quick and easy way to go straight into the recorder, too save turn around time. Because if you build it in adobe premiere 1.5 this can take up to 3-4 hours and most of the time we don't have this amount of time. So that is a big pain in the butt.

TOBYW, I don't think that it has a digital tuner inbuilt, The place where we got it from is TASMAN AV, either www.tasmanav.com.au or 1800 803 433 the price we got them for were $AUD 847.00 inc GST. Each machine.

Cheers

9. TobyW

TobyW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    AV OPP, thanks for that info. I didn't know about Tasman AV. I must pop in there.

Coincidentally, I once took video evidence to a court room (a shoplifting case). It was in 1977, and it was a black-and-white recording on quarter-inch tape!

10. AV OPP

AV OPP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank god that it's changed a fair bit from then. Most of the evidence we do is VHS and we convert and Edit and put it to DVD. Makes it easier for everyone. If only solicitors knew how to use them it would make it so much easier

11. Member 55145

Member 55145
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,489
    Bugger, I was just about to ask the question of if there was any DVD recorders that accepted DVI input, I too work for the police and need to be able to transfer everything to dvd in a quick manner, we are at the moment transfering everything to vhs, because video recorders are stopping production and for ease of use we are going to move over to dvd, currently im having to do it via s-video out to a panasonic dvd recorder, but i really need it to be digital output from the pc into the dvd recorder.

as av opp says, we need to turn this volume round quickly so we cannot wait for pc's to encode, we need an "on the fly" recorder. i was hoping for a dvd player with dvi input, downscaling from vga to the rgb input causes too much hassle and too much quality loss (And more paperwork)

oh well if anyone finds a dvd recorder with dvi in let us know! *goes to taiwan to look*

12. llg

llg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you can use the DV input on the recorder with a pc with DV OUT. to do so you need panasonic movie software that is normally used with the camcorders and you send all the footage you want to through that software.

if i remember right its called MOTION DV STUDIO 4.7.

13. Member 55145

Member 55145
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,489
    how would i get the DV out on the PC to the DV in tho? i take it your talking about the DVI port on the PC to the I.Link port on the DV recorder. does such an adaptor exist? i thought itd be a different format for starters