1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR-EH50 Multiregion - not what I ordered

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by MiniRoll, May 6, 2005.

1. MiniRoll

MiniRoll
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just got my EH50. I'm not bothered about multi-region, so I decided I'd just get the normal one.

Anyway, I ordered it yesterday from Digital-Point for £289 and it arrived today. However, the box has a sticker on it saying it's multi-region and it looks although the box has already been opened.

If the multi-region update has been run, does it mean the the manufacturers warranty is not longer valid? Are there any other issues?

Apart from that, so far so good. I've only recorded a few minutes of Sky to see the quality and it looks good. I've tried the Ext-Link function and that is very clever - just set your programs into the Sky Planner and the EH50 automatically records. Also, no noticeable fan noise.

2. gavan

gavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286

3. Stuart P

Stuart P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    yeah me too - i ordered from the same company, wanting a non multi-region. they delivered a multi-region so i figured i got a good deal

stuart

4. MiniRoll

MiniRoll
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I think I'll stick with what I've got. The goods turned up very quickly and in good condition.

However, I have recently readsome dodgy stories about digital-point on the pricerunner forum. I received good service, so I guess I may have been lucky.