1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR-EH50 DMR-ES10 DMR-ES30V Updated Firmware

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cheekymonkey, Aug 28, 2005.

1. cheekymonkey

cheekymonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Further to the post around firmware issues with EXT LINK on some Pannasonic DVD recorders
    (see http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197655&goto=newpost)
    I had the similar problems with my EH50 and the update on rapidshare.de gave me the "UNSUPPORT" error which led me to believe this was not a newer version than my existing firmware?

Anyway, I emailed AV.technical@panasonic.co.uk and got an almost instant response from a laura.napier@eu.panasonic.com
    who sent me a disc out the next day which was a "SVCD UPDATE DISC" for the DMR-ES10, DMR-ES30V and DMR-EH50 along with instructions.

- Insert the disc into the player
    - The unit will momentarily switch itself off (showing BYE) and then on again.
    - The machine then starts to upgrade the software with the display showing the various section codes that are being checked.
    - After the machine has finished it will eject the disc and the display will show: -

DRIVE>>>>UPD OK>>>>MAIN>>>>UPD OK

- Remove the disc and power off the unit and once powered down remove the plug from the electrical socket and reconnect.

the file date is 20/05/05 and is named PANA_DVD.FRM

the link to this on rapidshare.de is

http://rapidshare.de/files/4474584/PANA_DVD.FRM.html

(I tried zipping the file but it remained virtually unchanged in size @ 15.2MB)

2. jaytech

jaytech
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Last edited: May 25, 2009
  3. sidefall

sidefall
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    That's an interesting site, but it is American. I'd be very suspicious of trying any of that firmware on a UK machine.

4. jaytech

jaytech
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Arhh, I didn't notice it was American. I tried to install the disc but it read "Unsupported".
    I know this means that the update is allready installed.

I'll keep looking.

Last edited: May 26, 2009