Panasonic DMR-E95H - Quick question...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by the colonel, Oct 25, 2004.

1. the colonel

the colonel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Despite my best efforts it was not possible to speak to the Panasonic technical department today.
    I was wondering if somebody could confirm whether this machine can record discs in both PAL and NTSC format? I have been told yes and no, so I am confused.

Thanks in advance,

the colonel

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,600
    The correct answer is yes and no ;) The Panasonic machine can record true NTSC and true PAL. That means if you hook up an NTSC source (such as a DVD player playing a non-copy protected NTSC disk) it will record it. However the Panasonic machine will not record PAL60 - this is the format by which most NTSC compatible VCRs output NTSC recordings.

3. the colonel

the colonel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks for the reply Rasczak :smashin: . It will be the Panasonic machine for me, the magazine reviews never mentioned this, which is an advantage it has over the Sony for example. I have also found a supplier in the UK for NTSC output video recorders so at last I am getting there!

the colonel