Panasonic DMR-E95H - possible replacement.

cdb

I went to use my recorder yesterday and it died on me. It was totally dead, so I'm thinking power supply. To be honset it's had very little use since I bought it, so I would like to get it repaired.

If repairs are uneconomical is there a suitable replacement with a similar spec available? Hard dics recorder, DVD recorder, DVD-Ram, DVD-Audio, multi-region (most important), memory card reader's not a necessity but would be nice.

Gavtech

Administrator
If repairs are uneconomical is there a suitable replacement with a similar spec available? Hard dics recorder, DVD recorder, DVD-Ram, DVD-Audio, multi-region (most important), memory card reader's not a necessity but would be nice.

DVD Audio is a problematic sticking point. Support for it has been dropped from the ranges for the past few generations of machines.

The other point is multi-region. NO machines are multi-region as supplied by the manufacturer.
They have to be made so by the retailer for which a small premium is usually charged.
Not all retailers will do it so it can affect where you buy.

Consider the EX88 [ which has a card reader. ].

Details here.

cdb

DVD Audio is a problematic sticking point. Support for it has been dropped from the ranges for the past few generations of machines.

The other point is multi-region. NO machines are multi-region as supplied by the manufacturer.
They have to be made so by the retailer for which a small premium is usually charged.
Not all retailers will do it so it can affect where you buy.

Consider the EX88 [ which has a card reader. ].

Details here.

Oh well, I guess I can live without DVD Audio if need be.

I know over the years many machines have been multiregion from the factory wether with or without a remote hack. Although the ones I've bought have always been hardware modded by the retailer to make them multiregion. Has this changed?

The EX88 doesn't look too bad although I was hunting around yesterday and found a couple of blu ray hard disc recorders which although expensive, they look interesting.

Gavtech

Administrator
The EX88 doesn't look too bad although I was hunting around yesterday and found a couple of blu ray hard disc recorders which although expensive, they look interesting.

Note that those machines are, uniquely for DVDR's, twin tuner models, but that the tuners are Freesat, not Freeview, so a dish is required for reception.

There is a thread abut them here.

There is a;lso the 350 model which is a 'halfway house' and is quite a bit cheaper. Details here.

Gavtech

Administrator
I know over the years many machines have been multiregion from the factory wether with or without a remote hack. Although the ones I've bought have always been hardware modded by the retailer to make them multiregion. Has this changed?

No.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom