1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR-E95H broken in 3 weeks!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by the colonel, Dec 6, 2004.

1. the colonel

the colonel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    After just 3 weeks my Panasonic has stopped working :(
    From new I have noticed it has taken some time to finish 'self checking'. Now it stays in this mode for about 3-4 minutes before displaying this message: "Error has occurred Please press enter. Timer Recording standby or Ext. Link standby will be cancelled.

Once you press enter it goes back into self check mode for 3 or 4 minutes. Before displaying the message 'Please change the disc' with the option of enter or return.

There is no disc in the machine (plus I have tried it with one) and once ejected it goes back to self check mode. On the front display there is displayed just 'DV' which does not match any error message in the book.

From opening the disc to closing again it takes about 20 minutes in total with the long self checking cycles.

To be blunt is it knackered and back to the suppliers?

Thanks in advance,

the colonel

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,213
    Sounds like a dodgy HDD - an annoying, but common, problem with HDD based technology. Send it back for a replacement!

Generally speaking a HDD will fail within a few weeks of use if it is faulty - survive that and it will normally go on for ages.