Panasonic DMR-E95 - unprotected recordings deleted during Timer recording

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by philjd, Jun 17, 2005.

1. philjd

philjd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced the following problem with the Panasonic DMR-E95 (or any other Panasonic model for that matter):

When timer recording starts it seems to delete the last recording, if I've not protected it.

I first found the problem just after I'd bought it, but I thought I'd gone and done something stupid - rather than there being a problem. I did discover that protecting anything I'd recorded prevented this from happening.

Then the problem was I wanted to record programs whilst I went on holiday and when I came back only the last recording was there. I don't believe it's a case of it not recording (as from my early experience I know that the recordings were being made).

Does anyone know if there's a setting somewhere I can change to prevent this, if it's a problem across the entire range or a problem with my machine?

Incidentally, I believe that this model has now been discontinued. Is this because it's been replaced (by the E500?) or some other reason?

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

2. TL0

TL0
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you setup the timer to record your programmes, there is an option called renew, if this is set to on, it automatically records over the previous days recording for that time slot, just turn this off & it will record into a new file.

3. philjd

philjd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks TLO, will give it a try. :smashin:

I did look at the manual after reading your post, but it's not that clear as to what that renew function does. Your explanation did clarify it.