Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panasonic DMR-e95 title question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by marhai, May 5, 2005.

1. marhai

marhai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I recently upgrade from a panasonic HS2 to a E95, it seems to be a great machine but I couldn't figure out a couple of things that've been bothering me.

1) Since I live in Brazil, I have no use for TV guide. Is there a way to turn that feature off?

2) That's the most important for me. Since I cannot record from TV Guide, all my timer recording are manually entered. But unlike the HS2 I could't find an option to enter the title before the program is recordered, only after, which makes my playlist a hell of a hide and seek.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Marcelo

2. Steve N

Steve N
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,231
    I have the 500 and I think the navigation system is the same as the 95. I also had an HS2 and I thought the timer/name settings were similar.
    Anyway - the option to enter a title prior to recording the programme is easy.
    When you set the timer you enter details such as time, date,start, finish, mode, HDD or DVD. If you just use the cursor one more step (press to cursor to the right) it will illuminate a programme box below this main bar which you press enter and you can name the recording prior to recording the same way as you would have in the sub menu in edit. ( you can still use the edit option to change the title later if you want)

Not sure about your first query though, but if no one else can help, come back and I'll check it out. Thinking about it as I write, I think you can rename channels. In which case you could rename as "blank". Not sure if this is what you mean though.

3. marhai

marhai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Steve,

I will try it at night when I got home.

Regarding the TV Guide what I was looking for was basically when I turn on the TV/HDD the channel which is on the Cable/Dish shows up on the screen instead of the TV guide screen. I know that is a simple step to press the return key, but it woul be nicer just to turn on and watch the channel.

Thanks again,

Marcelo

4. marhai

marhai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Steve,

I've tried doing what you told me, but at least on my 95 it doesn't work. When I press de right arrow it goes up, doesn't matter where I am on the screen.

Thanks,

Marcelo

5. Steve N

Steve N
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,231
    That seems odd. When you are setting the timer do you access it by pressing the prog/check button on your remote, and if so, can you see a box stating "programme name" just below the setting for HDD/DVD on the far right hand side. If you can this is what you need to get into. As I said previously, I just move the cursor one more step and it illuminates this box which I enter to name the recording.

6. marhai

marhai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, I don't have that option on my 95. Attached I'm sending a picture of the manual recording screen.
    Thanks again,

Marcelo

Attached Files:

7. Steve N

Steve N
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,231
    I have never seen that menu set up before and I am on my 4th panny. I wonder if your 95 is different from those produced in europe.
    Alternatively it could be something that is only activated by the TV guide feature, which comes back to your first query about turning the tv guide off.
    I can't find this in my manual at all - I am reading as I write.
    It may be worth trying to delete your channel settings.
    This is done by going into functions, then setup, then tuning, then press enter on "manual" which should allow you to delete programme positions, add blank programme positions etc.
    Another posibility is to connect your tv via an av connection on the panny ( I do this with my video, motorised satellite dish and my sky dish) your 95 the may not recognise the tv as a tv but just another devise. The down side is you will only be able to record what channel the tv is set to. Connecting this way might then activate another menu to allow timer and programme name to be entered.
    If all this fails I suggest you try and contact Panasonic direct. They should have a helpline, they do in britain.

8. Steve N

Steve N
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,231
  9. marhai

marhai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Steve,
    Just FYI.
    I got this email back from Panasonic...

"Dear MR MARCELO

Thank you for your Inquiry. Unfortunately there is no way to title the
    program until after the recording when you are not using the TV guide
    feature.

Thank You,
    Panasonic Consumer Support"

I have ask them about the DMR-E500HS.. Let see their answer.

Thanks,

Marcelo

10. Steve N

Steve N
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,231
    Hi Marcelo,
    Thats bad news.
    I can confirm that this is not the case with the European version of the DMR-E95.
    A guy I do business with has one I went to see it today. It does have the same navigation system as my DMR-E500. In his manual the timer setting menu is on page 22 and it is exactly the same as mine which looks, and is, totally different from that shown in your attached picture.
    This makes me think that the 500 they produce in your part of the world will probably have the same navigation system as your 95.
    It may be worth checking if the euro/uk versions could operate in brazil.
    It would drive me mad not to be able to title in advance. I can not understand why Panasonic would deliberately remove this option on your version.
    Anyway - good luck

Cheers

Steve