Panasonic DMR-E85H - How do I watch TV whilst HDD to DVD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by paul1966, Jan 23, 2005.

1. paul1966

paul1966
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys

Got a couple of small problems:

1. When you record to HDD then try to high speed dub to DVD it will not let me, can only use FR, SP etc. IN the manual it says when using high speed dub will save as 4:3 format only?

Is this true?

Also is it true that you cant high speed dub digital tv recordings from HDD to DVD?

This bring up my final problem. When dubbing to dvd I cant watch my cable tv for some reason, I have scarted as instructed, which includes a direct scart from the cable box to the tv? Have used component cables for pany to tv.

Any ideas please :lease: :lease:

Thanks very much look forward to any replies :thumbsup:

2. jem

jem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Can't help you with the high speed dubbing as I don't have that facility.

What scart on the TV does your direct connection from cable box to TV go into - that's the AV input you should manually select when dubbing.

3. ben223

ben223

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paul

1. Ensure High Speed mode is set to on. Press Functions, select Disc then scroll down to DVD-R Rec for High Speed mode and set to On.

2. I've had no probs

3. If your STB is connected, by scart, to AV1 on your TV then you only need to select AV1 on your TV remote to watch it. Mine is connected in the same way.

4. okcomputer331

okcomputer331

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it should give you the option, when dubbing starts, to press "enter" to watch tv and/or do more recording. i am doing it now:

High speed dubbing hollyoaks to a DVD-r while recording & watching the NFL, eagles v falcons to the HDD!

5. adrianl

adrianl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0