Panasonic DMR-E85H and Sky+ problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by marting2, Jul 4, 2004.

1. marting2

marting2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a Panasonic DMR-E85H and have connected it as recommended with Scarts:
    dvd recorder (av2) to Sky box (vcr scart)
    dvd recorder (av1) to TV (AV in)
    When the DVD recorder is off there is no problem viewing Sky, but as soon as it is switched on only sound comes through via Sky (terrestrial TV is OK, although picture quality seems poorer (fuzzier)).
    I have tried connecting to different inputs on the TV, but no difference.
    I have also tried moving the connection to the Sky+ box to the TV scart socket. This works i.e. I get picture when DVD is on, but the quality is much poorer than it used to be: the blue-on-yellow is not as sharp - it "shimmers" quite badly.
    Any clues?

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    It needs to be connected to the tv out not the vcr on the digibox, and both the digibox out and recorder in need to be set to rgb, otherwise there is no picture, only sound.
    You will need a second scart from the vcr out to a spare on the tv, via a video if required to view sky whilst the unit is recording, or in timer mode and on.
    Don't use the tv button on the sky remote to control your tv as this switches of the rgb out from the digibox and will again result in no picture, only sound in your recording, until you remember to press the sky button again.

3. marting2

marting2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Ken, you're a star! I hadn't thought about connecting an extra scart. Works perfectly now. Next step is to try to connect my VCR to archive some videos to the Panny for copying to disc.