Panasonic DMR-E85 picture stutter

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by phoenix531, Jan 29, 2005.

1. phoenix531

phoenix531
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Panny E85 DVD recorder plays DVD's perfectly and has been great so far (1 week) apart from when playing back recorded programs from the hard disk either digital or terrestrial. Quite frequently the picture stutters / freezes momentarily and the sound drops out at the same time.
    Can anyone help?
    TIA

2. dangerouseddy

dangerouseddy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    id get it replaced/repaired if its under warranty as it shouldnt stutter or freeze when playing back from hd if the source was ok (didnt stutter/freeze).

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,282
    Try formatting the HDD. If the problem still persists get the unit exchanged as it sounds like a faulty HDD - as on PCs new HDD are always prone to failure/problems.

4. Tellyfiend

Tellyfiend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Phoenix, I had a very similar problem. I sent the machine back, but sods law, the supplier couldn't find anything wrong with it!!

Still, they replaced it out of goodwill and my new one is working perfectly.

Well done, Shop@Panasonic of Lincoln even if they did send the replacement to the wrong address!!!