Panasonic DMR-E75V power/recording problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by xen84, Mar 22, 2005.

1. xen84

xen84

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having two problems with a Panasonic DMR-E75V VCR/DVD-R combo.

1. The unit shuts itself off within 1-2 min of being turned on. I think it's going into standby, but I have the auto-standby turned off. The manual says that either I have auto-standby on (which I do not), or one of the safety features has activated, and I should turn the unit back on using the power button on the deck itself (rather than the remote). Thing is, it provides no further info about said "Safety Features", nor does turning the system back on solve the problem; the system does the same thing in another minute or two.

2. This may be related to one. I cannot one-touch dub anything. I get a message saying "Copying of this material is prohibited". The manual says that this happens when I try to copy a copy-protected tape. Thing is, a few seconds of the material DOES record to the disc before this happens, and the source material is a non-commercial VHS tape.

I'm at a loss.

2. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does it shut down when just playing a tape or dvd?, show any error codes on FL display? Hard to say if VCR or DVD problem, I don't think your are doing anything wrong by your description, more info please, "safty features" usually return a error code, strange one.

3. xen84

xen84

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I get no error messages, and nothing I have tried fixes things. It's never during the same action, either. At first, I thought it may have to do with the DVD drive (I'm using TDK DVD-R discs), but that doesnt seem to be it...

Every time I start it again, it performs a self-check, if that means anything...

4. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So, it only happens when DVD-R disc inserted?, Self check usually occurs after media error, just like the windows blue screen of death, do you have other media or DVD-RAM to try?

5. xen84

xen84

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately, the only other media I have to try are more TDK DVD-R discs. I have two 20-packs of them. :rolleyes:

6. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check your drive firmware version, if J121 or higher, TDKx8 should be ok, if older, firm update will probally rectify