1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR-E75V from abroad

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jmarten, Feb 10, 2005.

1. jmarten

jmarten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one of these while working abroad (in Switzerland) last year. Back in the UK, unfortunately, it will receive picture but no sound. According to the instruction book (in English!), this model supports PAL-BGH (continental standard) while we of course use PAL-I. Apart from that, it plays tapes and DVDs, and dubs both ways, perfectly.

Does anyone know if there is a conversion available (or even better a hack code?) to change the PAL standard? According to Panasonic technical support "this is not supported" (very helpful), although the same model is sold here so there should be very little difference inside.

Many thanks in hope...
    Regards, Jonathan

2. Johnser

Johnser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm not sure if this helps. A few years ago I used to fix Video Recorders (remember them?) and we had a contract from Amstrad for modifying their double decker video recorders.

The video recorders would come into us configured for Germany and we would convert them for UK/Ireland.

What you explain is correct, the video picture should be ok, but the sound is missing. This procedure was quite simple, and involved removing the tuner from the recorder and replacing three filters. Unsolder and resolder, a basic 5 minute job. The filters are blue in colour.

Now this is part that may not be helpfull. You'll need to find a video technician who is familiar which this procedure, or at least clued in on the workings of the tuner. As a tuner is a tuner, I'm sure there shouldnt be too much of a difference between the different makes, but I will stand corrected if that is not the case.

I really hope my information can help, maybe it will arm you with more information on your quest. Sorry I can be of more help, as it was 15 years ago when I was going this, and I cant remember the filters used. i do know that we got the filters from a local electronics store, and they only cost a few pence each.

John