Panasonic DMR-E75V DVD-R / DVD-RAM & VHS Recorder. In UK yet?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by hearts, Aug 6, 2004.

1. hearts

hearts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Is this DVD writer our in the UK yet? If so can anyone recommend it. I am looking for a DVD Writer that I will be able to use to transfer all my Videos to DVD. If this is not best can anyone recommend another.
    Thanks

2. apreading

apreading

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
  3. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    Surely this is a one off event therefore why get the two combined. Why not buy a dvd recorder hook it up to your VCR then dump the VCr when you no longer need vhs

4. hearts

hearts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yes I know I could have just bought a DVD writer but I thought it might have been easier with this combined unit. I hoped someone who hasd one could tell me how easy it was to use and if it was a good buy. Also where I could buy it.
    Thanks

5. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Well I could tell you thats its easy without one. You connect them up via scart and press record on one with play on other. be a lot cheaper, and cheaper to replace of one bit (VHS or DVD burner) goes wrong!

6. apreading

apreading

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Like me, you may still want to use video though - in order to view other people's videos if they recorded something you want to watch or to avoid having to copy all the kids' videos to DVD or so that you can record home movies to give to relatives/friends etc.

If I didnt want a hard disk I would go for the E75 in a shot. As it is I have an E85 and am thinking about adding the Panny DVD player/VCR (xxx31) for backing up DVDs, playing/copying VHS and because the E85 doesnt have a couple of features on DVD playback like zoom etc.

Lets face it, DVD-R/RW/RAM recorders may be obsolete in a few years anyway as larger capacity media come on stream and also when you start getting freeview built in. So buying separate units (whilst I cant ultimately dispute your logic) doesnt really make alot of difference unless you are buying a cheap and unreliable make.

7. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have a couple of midi stereos where either the CD or the tape is defunct!

No longer believe in integrated products, epecially where the have tape drives! Now on third VCR in 10 years!!!!