Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Panasonic DMR-E65 sd & pc card slot?????

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jon114, Dec 8, 2004.

1. jon114

jon114

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can any one tell what the benefits of having these features on a dvd recorder, i am interested in buying this model soon Are you able to insert a memory card and transfer the files onto a disk [or am i speaking nonsense]

2. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    It's main purpose is so you can view and transfer jpegs from your Digi Camera's mem card.

3. jon114

jon114

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so does that me you can transfer them onto a cd-r or dvd -r disk to keep a backup copy of photos?

4. Bosco

Bosco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would presume that it is possible to put these onto a disk from the memory card but would recommend that you download a copy of the E65 manual from the panasonic website and that will tell you for sure, it will also mean that when the machine arrives you will be able to use it straight away without having to :rtfm: first :D

5. MuffKing

MuffKing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it will allow you to copy JPEG and TIFF images onto DVD-RAM for storage. You can even split them up into albums with your own choice of names and then stick the DVD in your PC and copy them all in one go back onto your computers HDD.

6. jon114

jon114

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks,

i had a look at the panasonic manual and it does say you can copy jpegs to dvd ram. I also looked to see if this model could play both svcd and vcd but in the spec it says it will support video-cd is that the same thing [probably a dumb question]

7. MuffKing

MuffKing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes mate, VCD is an abbreviation for Video-CD, it won't play SVCD though.