1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR-E65 and Flexible Recording Mode

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by DarrenB, Jan 26, 2005.

1. DarrenB

DarrenB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use my E65 for recording from my Sky+ hard disk and have been using Flexible Recording Mode.
    I have a couple of questions:
    Lets say I record a 95 minute program from the sky+ hard disk to DVD-R and set the flex rec. mode to 95 mins...am I correct in assuming that there is no more space left on the disk after this as the machine has adjusted the bit-rate to the optimum for the 95 mins I've just specified and thus there is no more 'free' space on the disk?
    If i left the disk in 2-hour mode, and transferred my 95min program, would i have 25 mins of recording time left, provided i stopped the recording after the 95 mins...otherwise I asssume the recording will just continue and fill the rest of the disc up with a recording of the Sky+ planer screen, right?
    I do all of my transfers at night, I just set it up from the sky+planner and leave it recording....looks like Im using up quite a few disks this way!

BTW, my thoughts on this player...I bought it after reading much praise about it on this forum and am very pleased with my purchase. i havent used it all that much but the picture quality is very good when recording sky+ material.
    I even use it to upscale the sky+ picture to progressive scan via the component out and can honestly say that it has improved the picture quality quite noticably, a sharper picture with almost no solarisation at all now, only the channels with the lousy bit-rates are bad, but there is nothing I can do about this.
    The picture quality on DVD's is better than my Sony DAV-SR4W which only has SCART RGB out (if I could buy again I would probably opt for another wireless surround system with component out as well as, instead of just SCART out).
    Anyway, thanks to those whose opinions influence my purchase of the Panny.

rds
    D.

2. Nike

Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    You are corect. I have an E65 and FR mode will always use up the remaining disc space. (Unless you start with a blank disc & the programme is less than 1 hour)

I'm well pleased with the E65 - can't believe I wasted nearly a year trying to get a DVDR75 that I was happy with!