Panasonic DMR E60 question

Never used a Canon with an E60 - I know some people on this forum have though (based on E-mail requests received). Failing a responce though give Panasonic a ring on 08705 357357.

Have a look at the Panasonic website in the USA (which usually seem to be much more useful than the UK sites for electronics companies - they use more Flash and hence extra info than shownn in UK sites).
They show you a walk-thru of the SD/PC Card in the DMR E60 - you can put the Compact Flash card into a PC Card Apapter (which you need to buy yourself) and this slots into the PC Card slot in the E60.

I have just ordered this machine and am looking forward to delivery!

Originally posted by lassen
Have a look at the Panasonic website in the USA (which usually seem to be much more useful than the UK sites for electronics companies - they use more Flash and hence extra info than shownn in UK sites).
They show you a walk-thru of the SD/PC Card in the DMR E60 - you can put the Compact Flash card into a PC Card Apapter (which you need to buy yourself) and this slots into the PC Card slot in the E60.

I have just ordered this machine and am looking forward to delivery!

Cheers for that, will have a look..:smashin:

Regarding the comment from Lassen:

Got a link or URL address I can use? Just been to the USA site but can't find the page you're referring to.

Call me stoopid, can't do the quote thing....

Not sure how it works on the E60 but on the HS2 you just plug the Compact Flash card into the adaptor and slot it into the PC Card slot. Switch on the machine, goto the JPEGs menu and you can view JPEGs on the card, copy them to DVD/HDD etc. Works very smoothly IMHO. The E60 has probably got an even slicker interface given it's a later machine!

From the camera (card out into PCI slot in the E60) no problem. I just cannot get it to read files transferred to the card after being in the memory card reader. Spoke to Panasonic who tried to blame the card adaptor. S'posed to be calling me back on Monday.I'm positive it is the folder setup as the E60 says 'PC CARD NO FOLDER' so it's not recognizing the format that the memory card writes. Now am very peeved. Ho hum, shall go and drink beer and special cigarettes to achieve enlightenment.

Ok I've had a play. I am using an official Canon PCMCIA Adaptor Card and a 256MB Compact Flash. Pictures taken on the Canon A70 in best detail/resolution.

Inserted the card, switched on the machine and went to Functions/JPEG. The Input was already selected to "PC Card 100Canon". The "100Canon" seems to be the folder in which all photos taken on the A70 are stored. Copying them to DVD-RAM was easy - just used the copy option.

I also managed to copy pictures to the Compact Flash card. Changed "Input" to the DVD-RAM (onto which I had copied several pictures) and selected several files for copy (a small green tick appears on select photos). Then selected the destination folder as the PC Card - by default it wanted to create a new folder but I just selected the existing "100Canon" one. Copied the selected files onto the Compact Flash which is now visible on either the PC, DVDR or on the camera itself. So a two way process does seem to work.

Have you tried using the format option on the DVDR? Goto Functions/JPEG/Others (you need to scroll down for this option) and select format. This will wipe the CF, you can then use it in your camera to take pictures and all should work.

Does any of this info help?

Frankly, no! I have no problem with photos taken on the A70 and even uploading to the camera from the pc as long as they were taken with the A70. It is files that were not taken with the A70 (it won't write them to the card if uploading to the camera), hence why I bought a memory card reader. I can write to the CF card whatever I want but the E60 just won't recognize anything on the card. I have three digital cameras and any photos taken with the other two are destined to stay stranded on my PC! Do you have a memory card reader? I'm now wondering if that is the problem. I am now going to try and transfer images via the reader that I know the E60 accepted from the card after uploading to the camera and see what happens. If that doesn't work then I know it is the reader/pc set up and not the CF card or E60 or indeed the card adaptor.
Thanks as always for your efforts though. How do you find the time to work when you're answering all these posts?!?!

Frankly, no!
:blush: Sorry. I'm a newbie to the digital camera lark (as I say it's not even my camera - it was a present for my Mother!).

Just an obvious thing have you checked the files you want to copy are the same resolution/pixel depth etc as the ones natively taken on the camera?

Thanks as always for your efforts though
No problem - sorry couldn't be more help. Why not try a post in the Digital Camera's forum:
http://www.avforums.com/frame.html?http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=80

How do you find the time to work when you're answering all these posts?!?!
I'm a very fast typer! Plus posts like this give an excuse to play with kit rather than do anything useful :D

Kit was invented to be played with! ywayTill we get bored with it anyway!
There's nowt wrong with the images. A jpeg is a jpeg. I shall go and find sumfink else to play with and await Panasonic's call on Monday....

Solved! As I thought, the file hierarchy was to blame and it is very strict. Worked out from the camera structure that the DCIM folder must have another folder inside that has a title with three numbers followed by five letters (ie, 123CANON) and the JPEG's inside that folder. Sorry to muck you around!

Glad you've solved the problem!

Cheers! I really thought I was going mad at one point. I'm no slouch on puters and this sort of thing usually, but this one had me going for a week. The clues were all there, but I missed them. Not only that, but it also cost antoher £250 to take my mind off it. Bought the family a karaoke machine. Big mistake as they have all the singing ability of a deaf monkey. My youngest can't even read yet so that's even worse.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom