Panasonic DMR-E55EBS help please

start!

Standard Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me if the Panasonic DMR-E55EBS will play +r and +rw disks please.
Also does it have sockets at the front for connecting a camcorder with red,white and yellow leads

thanks

No, it won't play +R or +RW discs.
Yes, it does have the camcorder sockets at the front.

can anyone tell me if the Panasonic DMR-E55EBS will play +r and +rw disks please
Whilst Panasonic does not officially support DVD+RW and DVD+R playback infact it will play them. Ditto DVD-RW. However it does depend on the media brand used and the authoring/burnin process. If using a PC then using DVD-ROM booktype helps.

Rasczak said:
Whilst Panasonic does not officially support DVD+RW and DVD+R playback infact it will play them. Ditto DVD-RW. However it does depend on the media brand used and the authoring/burnin process. If using a PC then using DVD-ROM booktype helps.

Thats interesting, I have tried a variety of +R and +RW media (burned by others, I might add) on my E55 and it refuses to play any of them.
I can't comment on how these discs have been burned as, well, I have an E55!!!

My Panny S27 DVD player will play anything I throw at it.

Rasczak said:

So if a friend gave me a movie to watch that they had recorded off of tv onto a +rw its only a 50-50 chance of playing ?

I'm also considering the philips dvdr70 which may not be everyone's favourite but it seems to be able to play all formats that i need it to play

So if a friend gave me a movie to watch that they had recorded off of tv onto a +rw its only a 50-50 chance of playing ?
It's alot greater than 50% chance! Unfortunately there are no hard and fast answers: there are so many different types of media, so many different qualities of media, so many different DVDRW/recorders that nobody can reliably say anything will play. All I can say is that it will probably play + discs.

I'm also considering the philips dvdr70 which may not be everyone's favourite but it seems to be able to play all formats that i need it to play
Subject to it working - you'll notice another 'disc error' thread has just been started... If you want + recording buy a Sony - but there are still no guarantees of playback of discs burnt on other machines!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom