1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR-E55

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by vince_vega, Aug 9, 2004.

1. vince_vega

vince_vega

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi all, im having a slight problem and i hope someone can help me out! I have just purchased a panasonic DMR-E55 and have connected it up as follows (VCR----->SKY VIDEO SCART------->SKY TV------>DVDR EXT 2------->DVDR EXT 1------->TO TV EXT 1) and i am having trouble using the video to record from sky! If anyone has a setup similar to this i would appreciate a quick run through of all the settings. I think it may be a prob with how the video is set up
    Thanks in advance

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,203
    What VCR is it? You need the Sky Video Out connected by Scart to the IN/OUT Scart on the VCR. You also need to ensure the VCR is set to the correct AUX channel.

3. vince_vega

vince_vega

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks for the reply. I have a panasonic NV-FJ630 VCR and the little problem is now solved. Everthing was set up correctly but i had just neglected to run the rf lead from the VCR to the TV! :blush:

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,203
    In theory you should get a better picture quality from your VCR by putting your E55 to standby and playing on your VCR (assuming you have connected the Sky VCR Out to an IN/OUT Scart). Even composite (video) is better than an RF picture. Obviously you need to put the E55 to standby as it's inputs will be looking for an RGB picture.