1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic DMR-E55 to PC

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by adtrad, Feb 3, 2005.

1. adtrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I wonder if one of the gurus out there can help me.

I have a Panasonic DMR-E55 and have some stuff recorded onto RAM disks, that is, a disk which is in a cartridge. I would like to transfer them to something more permanent so I thought the easiest way to do this would be transfer down to my PC then record it again on the Panasonic onto a DVD-R from the PC .

My PC has an S-video port which appears to work perfectly well. I have run some checks on the PC and it can see that port. I have WinDVD software on the PC, I have the player, recorder and WinDVD creator which has a capture facility in it.

But if I plug the S-Video cable into the output terminal, at the back of the unit, the PC cannot see it. Am I missing something here?

I suppose in hindsight, it would be better to record stuff which I may or may not want to keep on DVD-RW on the Panasonic then at least I can re-use the disk if I don't want to keep it. But, I would be most grateful for any ideas.

All the best,